Braised Chicken Wings and Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce
This earthy Braised Chicken Wings and Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce recipe will make anyone feel at home. It's filled with rich umami flavour and simply melts in your mouth!
- 100 g / 0.22 lb dehydrated shiitake mushrooms (or any mushrooms you have available)
- 3 US cups water (saved from soaking mushrooms)
- 1.5 kg / 3.3 lb chicken wings
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar, or to taste
- 3/4 tbsp chicken bouillon powder
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce (3 tbsp for the marinade, 1 tbsp for braising)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
Soak the shiitake mushrooms in water for at least 20 minutes then drain. Keep the water aside for later.
Marinate the chicken wings in oyster sauce, salt, sugar and chicken bouillon powder.
Pour the oil into a wok and brown the garlic on a medium heat.
Turn the heat up to high and toss in the chicken wings to sear for 2 minutes.
When seared, add the mushrooms in and stir for 2 minutes.
Add the saved mushroom liquid into the wok along with the oyster sauce and dark soy sauce.
Bring the liquid to a boil then turn down the heat to medium/low to braise the wings and mushroom on a simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve over rice!
Calories: 1242kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 94g | Fat: 87g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 19g | Monounsaturated Fat: 36g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 385mg | Sodium: 1302mg | Potassium: 1062mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 5mg