Coconut Pandan Waffles (Bánh Kẹp)
Make the crispiest, most indulgent Coconut Pandan Waffles in just THREE STEPS. They're the perfect snack and 100% freezer-friendly!
Servings: 10 waffles
- 2 US cup self-raising flour
- 1 US cup sugar
- 1 US cup full cream milk
- 500 g / 1.1 lbs coconut cream
- 2 eggs
- 100 g / 0.22 lbs dry coconut shreds
- 1 tsp pandan extract
- cooking oil (for lightly greasing the waffle maker)
- Use vegetable oil to grease the waffle maker. Butter will burn after a while, which isn't ideal when you want to leave the batter in longer for that extra crispiness!
- Make a test piece first. Every waffle maker's temperature will be different. If you find that it's either overcooked or still raw inside, adjust the cooking time.
- Cook them as you eat. Coconut Pandan Waffles are the best when eaten fresh, so hold off on making any until you're ready to eat them!
- This recipe uses full cream milk but you can use other variations if that is your perference. Just keep in mind that substituting for a different milk type will alter the taste.
- Use coconut cream (not coconut milk) for this recipe so that each waffle is packed rich with flavor!
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 48IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 2mg